Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Bunny Riceball and Salted Salmon Bento


Salted salmon and rice for TinySprite today. Have you made shiozake before? The method I use is one from LovelyLanvin's recipe: I salt the fish overnight, then slice into small strips before broiling. It packs very well for bento and tastes delicious cold or room temperature. It's nice to serve with plain rice because the salmon itself has lots of flavor. I decorated the rice with nori into a bunny face, and using lettuce as a liner means she can either wrap the whole thing up or eat it with a fork. This cute divided box lets me add blood oranges and grapes in a separate section, alongside steamed Okinawan sweet purple potatoes, carrots, and cucumbers. Simple, but so delicious! This is one of my own favorite meals as well. ^__^

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, i love it!
    And it´s also so colorful!!

    Greetings from germany
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jessi! I like putting as many colors as I can. It's harder in winter, but spring is coming up and I can't wait!

      Delete