Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Fried Rice Froggie Bento


Hello leftover rice! This batch was part white rice, part brown rice, and part pearl barley. I cooked the mixed batch rice on the "semi-brown" setting on my Zojirushi Rice Cooker and it came out very well. To make the fried rice, I simply tossed the cold rice into a pan and fried it up with chopped greens (I used baby kale), meat of some kind (ham), and an egg. Drizzle with shoyu and top with green onions. I also decorated with the tiniest red chard leaves ever. I'm thinking they would look cute in a mini bento in the future, since many of my garden greens seem to be of the very small variety, for some reason.

The top tier of this super cute frog bento holds chopped apple pieces sprinkled with cinnamon. Winter fruit is pretty limited, even here in California, but this should make my little girl very happy!

4 comments: