Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mozza-Stuffed Turkeyballs Bento

Today's bento contains mozzarella stuffed turkey meatballs (which also include grated zucchini, onion, oats and flax), over pasta and broccolini. To stuff, simply place a cube of mozzarella onto a flattened patty, then add a dab of meat on top and mold it around the cheese until it's completely enclosed. If it's not completely surrounded, you may get some oozing out during cooking. I served it with marinara sauce, but omitted the sauce for TinySprite's bento, as she's not a huge fan of tomato sauce. I decorated with mozzarella sakura flowers, and the rest of the bento contains strawberries, carrots and blackberries. This one was a big hit!

10 comments:

  1. YUM! And I love how you incorporated so many good foods into the meatballs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great bento, Sheri! ^^ I love your little food picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So yummy! I can see why this was a big hit because I want some too! Wohoo, I am moving to your house ;)
    Ehehe, hmm.. I can take care of the dog?
    Delicious bento, sweet sakura flowers! AW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't tease! Come over all of you --- I'm waiting, patiently....
      Let's make bento together... \(^_^)/

      Delete
  4. Yum, Those meatballs sound sooooo yummy. I'd even make them without the cheese in the middle because the meat mixture sounds sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are goood even without the cheese! but the cheese is a lot of fun to put in, heh ^_^
      Thanks MewlKitten ~~

      Delete
  5. Do you put an ice pack in the kids lunch box to keep the fruit cool? If so, how did you keep the meatballs warm with the ice pack in there? Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria,
      My kids eat their bento at room temp. So everything is the same temp and nothing gets heated up. If it's a hot day, I'll add an ice pack, but usually by the time they get to school the food is just about room temp and ready to eat as is. If your kids like their fruit cold and their other food warm, then it might be better to pack the fruit separately and the protein in a thermal container that keeps in the heat.
      Hope this helps!

      Delete