Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Won Ton and Jack Bento


Won Ton and Jack Bento, originally uploaded by sherimiya ♥.
As did many others who participated in the #twitterfoodparty yesterday, I squeezed a bento out of my contribution. I made won ton mein (soup with noodles) for dinner, and simply packed a few extra won tons into MisterMan's bento box. As good as they are in soup, won ton are also just as good by themselves. If this were my bento, I would have drizzled chili oil all over these -- yum. I used my crescent silicone cup to separate the fruit from the rest of the meal, which included purple cauliflower, peapods and a little carrot jack-o-lantern. I took a chance on this dark red plum, and luckily it was a sweet one. I waited until it achieved a little softness to ensure maximum sweetness. I filled in the rest of the cup with that old winter standby, red grapes. Do you notice we are rockin' the orange and black today? Halloween (and SF Giants) colors are in the house! Making our way to the final countdown for Halloween week ^_^

Added to What's For Lunch. Check Shannon's site to see more!

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful Halloween bento! Everything looks delicious, and the won ton even look a little like brains :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious. I am sure that he loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, haha! They DO look like brains! EEeeeww!
    Thanks for pointing that out though , hehe :D

    Thanks Kristin. He was pretty psyched :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote chili oil too! Lovely,yet fun too! An how much do I love that crescent cup/divider?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got good taste Debra.
    I'm not a fan of orange, but I have to say I like this cup score. Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious won ton! You make me hungry ... Little Jack is perfect on the top of the purple cauliflower, so Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Raiyu would definitely add a kick to the won ton! The more I get, the more I want them.. :9
    Lovely Jack, adorable Halloween bento!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! And I agree, the won-tons do remind me of "brains". I also like the crescent divider; part of my issue is that my divider shapes don't fit neatly into boxes to make the compartments I'm thinking of. This would be great as a visual shape.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So stylishly cute and yum! I'm with ya regarding chili oil on the won tons...heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Lia, karaimame, Stretching My Imagination and bentobird!

    I wasn't sure about the crescent cup but slowly getting into the unique shape too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool box, and I love the little carrot jack. The spears of plum are very nice, and look kind of wicked. Go GIANTS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's pretty cool right now!
    Wasn't that THE GAME last night? Wowsza.
    Thanks Sonoma Bento!

    ReplyDelete