Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mini Bento: Pancake Stack Bento

mini pancake bento, originally uploaded by sherimiya ♥.
I am posting a mini bento from last spring because it's a favorite of mine and I just haven't had time to do many mini bento snacks lately. This one was for my toddler daughter. It includes her favorite ham & cheese rollups, plus a selection of fruits: strawberries, tangerines, and grapes. I also put in 2 peapods, because she will only agree to eat vegetables if they are present in small (one or two pieces) quantities. The mini part of the bento is the mozzarella cheese "plate", with real mini pancakes on top, topped with a tiny square of cheddar cheese "butter" and real maple syrup. The nori utensils I made using my craft punch. TinySprite loved the pancake, calling it "Baby pancake!", cuddling it, singing to it, and kissing it. It was so funny, I wish I had taken a photo of that scene :)
I have lots more mini bento ideas, and I am such an avid mini fan... there will definitely be another one soon, I hope!

14 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Another beautiful bento. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute! I can't wait to here about other mini ideas, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bento! That baby stack of pancakes with the little spoon and fork is the cutest little thing I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that is SO CUTE!! Thanks for the blog award, I have to say that I am terrible at passing them on so I quit posting them. However, I added you to my sidebar, your ideas a gorgeous!!! I'm glad I found you. :)
    -Mandy
    www.gourmetmomonthego.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. your cutters are SO CUTE, especially the double flower--does the vendor you get them from sell online?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha, Thanks Jaime!
    Thanks Mandy, and thanks for the add! I'll add you too... your blog is tons of fun!
    About the cutters, sadly no. This little shop only carries them in a dusty side shelf, and not very many of them either. Go figure?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man... the mini pancakes are so so cute! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I don't eat anything from an animal but what you did with all of the ingredients is pretty awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a lot AikoVenus! Appreciate the sweet comment :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww,,,,, this is soooo cute. you are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks mschoy! So sweet. I love your Totoro avi :D

    ReplyDelete